the quickest way

Dec 1, 2009 at 4:22 AM

is to get the mx record with dns, then send the mails directly through it, bypassing smtp host.

Coordinator
Dec 1, 2009 at 4:46 AM

True enough, and that is certainly something I would like to add as an option. However, the domain on the "from" email address and/or each "to" address may differ from the *required* smtp host. For example, I would need to specify the smtp host if I want to use smtp.comcast.net to send email to a group of people and have them reply back to my deltaitgroup.com address, since comcast blocks outbound port 25 except to their relay host.

Dec 1, 2009 at 6:59 AM
Edited Dec 1, 2009 at 7:08 AM

yes, so you might give an option to use mx record or not, what's more, you can sort the emails by domain names, and connect once, send multiple emails. that would be faster. and, allow users to add multiple email servers so it could automatically shift when the previous one is forridden temperaly.

finally, many email servers will block emails sending too often, or too many a day, so you might give an option to set interval. and, for some circumstances, if sending an email failed, queue it later.

and all this things, will be parts of a better and quicker email sender

Coordinator
Dec 1, 2009 at 11:54 AM

Great ideas! I will definitely start putting them in there. I am going to compile a bullet list of upcoming features to put on the project page.

Thanks again for your input!